Friday, July 29, 2016

Welcome to my blog.  I am Deartra D. Madkins-Boone.  I am a college English professor, as well as an author. Here, you can view my adventures as an English professor.

Here, I will discuss what happens as I endeavor to encourage college students to become better writer.


I want my students to know that I am a writer and that they are being taught by a writer. I want my students to know that I struggle at times with writing and that I have had to work my way through a writing task. I want them to know that I get writer’s block, don’t feel like writing at times, and sometimes dislike the writing tasks that I have been assigned. Most importantly, I want to teach my students that they can be better writers by writing more. I feel that if your students know that you have experienced what they are experiencing, then they will believe in you more and be more willing to hear what you have to say.